Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blog #6

     I watched the movie three times to get quotes and make sure I really understood the point of the story. Until this assignment I have never heard of the movie, despite all the big names in it. I thought the movie was alright, but a little dull. I think I figured out what Scott Rosenberg was trying to do. I believe he was trying to use each character as someone to learn a lesson from it different ways. Some characters had turning points and some did not.
   
     When I rewrite this paper I will improve several things. The assignment was four to five pages, but I think my paper was only three and a half pages. My works cited page was terrible and wrong. When writing my conclusion I could have gone into more detail. I did use the TS/CD format, could have done a better job. I should have paraphrased some of the quotations. Transitions, I don't think I had any. I was hesitant to paraphrase because have never done that before and was unsure if I were doing it correctly. My biggest problem is being a slow writer. I dwell on things way more than anyone ever should.
    
     When rewriting this paper I will still follow the basic idea that the screenwriter uses each character to teach a lesson of male behavior. I went through and analyzed each character and what could be gained from them. I will also do a better job of explaining and developing my quotations. My structure my not always be the best, my punctuation is usually good. I believe my writing has improved while completing the rough draft of the research paper. At least I'm going in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment