Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blog #5

  I thought my evaluative summary was solid, but rough around the edges. This summary can and will be improved. When writing the evaluative summary I did mention whether the article was successful or not. The article was successful, but as a reader, I had a bias opinion in favor of the author before reading his article. Although I had a stated opinion in my summary, I could have done a better job. I could have been more vocal about my knowledge and experiences. I saved my opinions on the author's topic until the end, in my conclusion. In future writings I could offer up opinions more often and take a more evaluative stance. When looking back I could have used active verbs in numerous places to better express my thoughts. More reflection throughout the paper could have been made back to my thesis.

     I found this assignment fairly easy to complete because I agreed with the author's point of view. Using the TSCD method really helps my structure and makes reaching required lengths easier to achieve. I find myself reaching the page length without any effort. I think my evaluative summary gave a fair and accurate portrayal of this author's article. By using multiple quotes from the article its hard to argue that a summary is slanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment