Saturday, October 16, 2010

Blog #2

     My writing strengths include grammer and my love for researching new topics. Grammer as a strength does not come naturally to me. I have to keep reading my work and I tend to over analyze. I enjoy reading about new topics and forming an opinion for myself. Free writing is uncomfortable to me. I feel uneasy writing down whatever comes to mind. It has been several years since I had English 101 and long time since I had English in high school. I forgot a great deal of "the writing rules" or never learned them to begin with. Transitions are another weakness of mine. Often I just forget to use them and it's a problem.
    
     This essay was difficult for me. It takes me time to gather my thought and form an opinion. I thought about the issue from many sides. Was this computer class needed? Who would pay for it? Would it be a "credit" class? Can student test out of the class? In the end I thought the class should be required. Even people who think they know the basics might learn something. If I could do the essay again I would start writing quicker and do less contemplating. I would take the same position again and argue the same points to back up my reasoning.

     I enjoy writing because I like to refelct on the finished product. When all is done and ready to turn in I let some family or a few friends read what I have been working on. Sometimes it just provides a place to vent, even if you don't let anyone read it.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment